Posted: June 1st, 2021
Explore how you are part of “living history.”https://essaypro.uk
Observe how human behavior and social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic has changed your local environment.
Spend several hours exploring your local area until you can draw a sociological map of the community, with emphasis on the commercial district.
How are “mom and pop” small business stores coping with the pandemic vs. “big box” chain stores?
Walk at minimum 6 blocks around your neighborhood, and create a map of the area you walked.
The map should indicate the demographics of people and types of buildings found in different places (i.e., “newer housing units,” “student apartments,” new shopping establishments,” commercial/residential/historical districts etc.).
Identify the cultural patterns you see by observing the social norms of public behavior while practicing “Social Distancing.”
Interview people you know (practice social distancing!) and find out about their experiences with the COVID-19 pandemic in your community.
Add direct quotes in your paper and attach the formal interview to your final paper.
Think about which elements of society and historical trends that you see impacting the different types of demographic groups you are observing.
How has your local City Council person taken action in your community during pandemic?
Paper Components (100pts.) roughly 8pgs
1. Map of your community area researched. Highlight the area you walked, and label sociological attributes.
This may be a Google map, but you must add in your own sociological observations on a legend. Must be attached to the paper.
2. Who is your NYC council person?
What committees are they involved in the Council?
Do you think they represent your community? Why or why not?
What has their response been to the COVID-19 pandemic?
How have you seen their work in the community?
3. Discuss the role of the Community Board in your community.
Look at past agenda meeting notes to find the main concerns of your community.
What are some of the most surprising aspects you learned about these meetings?
4. What is the brief history of your neighborhood?
What has changed over the years and why? (Think of economics, jobs, industry, immigration, demographics, socioeconomic status).
5. Discuss past and current urban planning and zoning initiatives that have had a direct impact of your neighborhood( BROOKLYN NEW YORK)
6. Discuss current demographics of your neighborhood using Social Explorer (LAGCC library subscription database).
Do these statistics match what you saw on your walk?
7. Relate to any of the themes discussed in class.
8. Include photos when necessary.
9. Must be MLA format and include works cited page.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.